Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I just want to say that I'm so proud all my ex-Georgian friends who are Malay are effectively bilingual, can speak BM & English.... most of you have improved by leaps and bounds compared to our schooling days when some of you guys used to cakap English tergagap-gagap... tapi sekarang wah... in your emails very expert dah.... 'Cause each time I go to Indonesia, I have to be the interpreter due to the fact that my Singaporean team mates can't speak Bahasa and the local Indonesians can't understand English...how pathetic...

When I see how S'porean Chinese only know English and most Indonesians only know bahasa Indon, I'm so proud that Malaysians are bilingual due to good education. In Indonesia, students learn English in school too but very minimal... in primary school, they only learn 45mins once a week... every time I go there, I see my S'porean team mates and the Indons struggling to communicate like chicken-and-duck...

But we MALAYSIANS BOLEH! Alright!

1 comment:

Kasha said...

Nice to hear those words once in a while. On how we can be proud to be Malaysian not segregated into Melayu, Cina , India.

I grow up with most of my friends coming from different races and religion and I enjoyed their friendship till today. So yeah I'm fortunate to be a Malaysian. And I'm fortunate to have you guys as friends.